Monday, November 16, 2009

If I Were A Ghost, I Could Spend More Time With My Children

Note: Cross posted from [wp angelfury] Battered Mothers Rights - A Human Rights Issue.

Permalink

If I Were A Ghost, I Could Spend More Time With My Children

Filed under: Children's rights, Family Courts, Kids Need Mums, Noncustodial Mothers, United Kingdom — justice4mothers @ 11:01 am

Wow.  I was looking around on the web this morning, and found this.  How incredibly powerful.  This lady from the UK says what I know every noncustodial mom feels in her heart.  I feel it also, the constant hurt and the pain is almost unbearable sometimes, losing the children you brought into this world and lovingly took care of until they are ripped from you by the family courts.  And what is it like for the children?  I know that too as my mom was a noncustodial mom also.  It was horrible.  The coaching from my dad and his lawyers, my stay-at-home mom bullied away from her children, even though he would beat her, even in front of the neighbors one evening in the front yard.  My mom never stopped trying to get us back and she eventually did many years later.  My children now have their own nightmares.

So many mothers losing their children all over the world…

This is a short excerpt of this mom’s post:

I dread going to sleep nowadays. Most nights I dream about missing my children, about them being taken away, about them being in trouble and not being able to help them, about having to witness their tears and not be able to wipe them away, about them growing up without me, forgetting that they had a mum. I can only sleep with a sleeping tablet and then I still wake up fretting with a dread in my stomach and memories of the dreams I’ve had floating in and out in the early hours.

I never tell the children I have these dreams. When they tell me of their own bad nightmares, they tell of dreams of me having my head chopped off or about being eaten by a giant spider or about being kidnapped and me not coming to rescue them. My youngest wakes up scared that I really have had my head chopped off and is constantly scared that her dream will come true. She’s fretting about whether I’m safe and whether I will die. No matter how much reassurance I give her, she’s not convinced that I’m alright. She’s often telling me that she loves me “to the moon, and all the way around the universe and every atom in the universe!…..” but then goes on to ask how much I love her, seeking constant reassurance that I do.

To read the entire post, visit Kids Need Mums.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Note: Cross posted from [wp angelfury] Battered Mothers Rights - A Human Rights Issue.

Permalink

No comments: